Thursday, February 15, 2018

Article: Ten Reasons to Let Your Kid Major in Music

Yes!  As a few of my high school students have approached and are approaching graduation and college, I've been doing quite a bit of pondering about whether it is smart for me to encourage them to follow their dreams and go into music.  I know that the life of a musician is tough, but I also know that musicians are thoughtful, intelligent, and creative people.  Whether my students end up with a career in music or not, a degree in music will cultivate this sensitivity and introspection that I see lacking in our culture more and more. 

This Forbes article clearly makes an argument for why a degree in music is as good at preparing a student for the real world as any other: 

Ten Reasons to Let Your Kid Major in Music

No comments:

Post a Comment